Avocado Egg Cups are a simple yet satisfying breakfast treat everyone would love waking up for. With runny yolks nestled in creamy avocados and generous sprinkling of crisp bacon and green onions as finishing touches, they’re heaven on a fork!
Are you a Pinterest addict? My peeps, I’m with ya! I am a bonafide, certified pinning-loving maniac. Pinterest has such a magnitude of information and inspirations, I’ve never left the site without having learned at least one thing and these avocado egg cups were the perfect example.
I saw the recipe being pinned like crazy on food boards and with runny yolks in velvety avocados, I couldn’t resist getting on the bandwagon. So quick and easy to make, it’s pure genius.
Bake the avocado egg cups until the whites have set. I find 10 to 12 minutes in the oven yields runny yolks while 12 to 15 minutes turns out soft yolks. You can increase to 15 to 18 minutes if you prefer hard-cooked yolks. Serve these egg cups with some buttered toasts and have yourself a delicious morning.
Looking for more delicious breakfast ideas? Here are a few of my personal favorites. Enjoy!
- Sausage and Spinach Spanish Fritatta-Chock-full of sausage, spinach, sweet peppers, and potatoes, it’s both hearty and delicious.
- Breakfast in Bread-Soft yolks, smoky bacon bits, gooey cheese, and chopped green onions on buttery, flaky pastry shells, it’s an awesome way to start the day!
- Egg in a Nest-With soft yolks on crisp hash brown “nests”, these are the perfect breakfast on-the-go.
- 2 avocados
- 4 eggs
- salt and pepper to taste
- 2 bacon strips, cooked crisp and crumbled
- 1 tablespoon green onions, chopped
- With a knife, cut avocados lengthwise into halves and remove pit. If needed, slightly hollow out the avocados to make room for the eggs.
- Arrange avocados in a single layer on a baking dish. Break an egg into each avocado half and season with salt and pepper to taste. Bake in a 425 F oven for about 10 to 15 minute or until eggs are cooked to your liking. Remove from oven and garnish with bacon and green onions. Serve hot.