With the record high temperatures we are experiencing here in Southern California, just the thought of turning on the oven to prepare a hot meal makes me want to
crawl jump out of my skin. Thank goodness for this berry chicken and spinach salad with honey mustard dressing, it has been go-to meal on these miserably hot summer days. Quick and easy, I am out of the kitchen in no time.
Chock-full of verdant spinach leaves, moist chicken, juicy berries, crunchy almonds, pungent blue cheese, and a sweet and tangy dressing, it’s both healthy and delicious. Enjoy!
- 2 large boneless skinless chicken breasts (about 1 pound)
- salt and pepper
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 4 cups baby spinach
- 1 cup fresh strawberries, hulled and halved
- ½ fresh blueberries
- ¼ cup blue cheese, crumbled
- 2 tablespoons almond slivers
- ½ cup mayonnaise
- ¼ cup honey
- 2 tablespoons Dijon mustard
- 1 teaspoon lemon juice
- Wash chicken and drain well. Season with salt and pepper to taste.
- In a skillet over medium heat, heat olive oil. Add chicken and cook for about 6 to 8 minutes on each side or until internal temperature reaches 165 F. Remove from pan and allow to rest for 2 to 3 minutes. Cover and refrigerate to cool completely. Cut into ½-inch thick pieces.
- In a bowl, arrange spinach, chicken, strawberries, blueberries, blue cheese and almonds. When ready to serve, drizzle with honey mustard dressing.
- In a bowl, combine mayonnaise, honey, mustard and lemon juice. Whisk together until smooth and well combined.