Cheesy Morning Pizza topped with crumbled bacon, sharp cheddar cheese, and sunny eggs. This breakfast pizza is the best way to start your day!
If there is one thing I consider a kitchen staple and never run out of, it would be cheese. At any given time, I have a few packages of cheese in various forms-sliced, shredded, bulk-handy in the refrigerator to enjoy as a nourishing snack or to use in cooking. Not only are they a good source of protein and calcium, they are also a quick way to spice up recipes.
Life is great, cheese makes it better.
KRAFT has always been my favorite go-to brand and I usually buy my weekly supply at our local Vons supermarket. This Safeway branch is a short 3-minute drive from our house and I like how everything is neatly laid out I am in and out in no time. After checking for deals at Safeway Just For You, I went to the store last night to pick up the ingredients I needed for this cheesy morning pizza.
I was so excited to see that Safeway now carries KRAFT natural shredded cheeses in their new stand-up pouches (of course it didn’t hurt that they had many varieties of KRAFT natural cheeses on sale!). This innovative design contains the same 2-cup amount as the old pillow packs but uses less packaging. It’s good for the environment and convenient for the consumer. All varieties of KRAFT natural shredded cheeses we have grown to love are now available in this smart packaging.
With all the amount of chopping, sauteing, frying or baking involved in whipping up a meal, I like how the redesigned pouch stands up on the counter and makes scooping up what I need easy. Stray cheese bits on the counter are now one less thing to tidy!
There are many delicious recipes on the KRAFT website but with crisp bacon, sunny eggs, and sharp cheddar cheese, I knew in a jiffy this cheesy morning pizza is what I’ll be making today. I repeat: bacon, eggs, and cheese on a pizza!
Hello, awesome breakfast treat.
This pizza is meant for six servings but G and I polished the whole dang thang without breaking a sweat. A word from the wise, double the recipe!
- 1 package (one pound) refrigerated pizza dough
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1-1/2 cup KRAFT shredded Sharp Cheddar cheese, divided
- ⅓ cup sliced green onions, divided
- 4 eggs
- 6 slices OSCAR MAYER bacon
- 1 plum tomato, sliced
- Heat oven to 400 F degrees. Spray a baking sheet with cooking spray.
- Pat and stretch dough into a 14 x 6 rustic rectangular on the prepared baking sheet. Brush with olive oil.
- Top with 1 cup cheese and half of the green onions, leaving four 3-inch areas of the dough untopped (eggs will be placed here).
- In a bowl, crack eggs one at a time and gently slip onto untopped space on dough.
- Top dough with bacon, tomatoes, remaining cheese and green onions, being careful not to top the eggs.
- Bake for 23 to 25 minutes or until crust is golden brown and eggs are done.