I discovered this recipe months ago on the package of the spaghetti brand I buy from Sam’s Club and with slight modifications, has since become a dinner favorite.
If you are looking for a quick and easy pasta dish the whole family is sure to love, this cheesy spaghetti will not disappoint. It cooks in 30 minutes and pulls together with basic pantry ingredients you probably already have on hand. Pair it with a side of salad and crusty garlic toast, and you have a hearty meal that’s sure to please even the pickiest eaters in the family. Enjoy!
- ½ pound spaghetti
- 1 small onion, peeled and chopped
- 2 cloves garlic, peeled and minced
- 1 pound ground beef
- 1 jar (24 ounces) spaghetti sauce
- 4 ounces cream cheese,cubed
- ¼ cup Parmesan cheese, grated
- 2 tablespoons fresh Italian parsley, chopped
- In a large pot over medium heat, cook spaghetti according to package's direction for about 10 to 12 minutes or until firm to bite. Drain well.
- In a large skillet over medium heat, add ground beef. Cook, breaking with back of spoon. When meat begins to render fat, add onions and garlic and cook until aromatics are limp and beef is lightly browned. Drain excess fat, if any.
- Add spaghetti sauce and bring to a simmer. Add cream cheese and continue to cook, stirring regularly, for about 3 to 5 minutes or until cheese is melted.
- Add cooked pasta to the pan and lightly stir until well-combined. Cook for another 1 to 2 minutes or until pasta is heated through. Top with Parmesan cheese and parsley. Serve hot.