Coconut macaroons with colorful maraschino cherry centers make the perfect gift this holiday season. Soft and chewy, they’re sure to be everyone’s favorite treat!
I hope you still have room left for some more holiday treats after the sweet decadence of Christmas past because, folks, these coconut macaroons are so worth another bite.
I spent the week leading to Christmas baking different types of cookies to give out as gifts and I have to say, with the many varieties I whipped up, these coconut macaroons were the clear winner. Soft and chewy, they were an instant hit at the many potlucks I brought them to and drew the most drew the most ooh’s and aahs.
They’re so quick and simple, they need just five ingredients and less than twenty minutes to make! So bake up a huge batch, these coconut macaroons are sure to be everyone’s favorite treat!
- 2½ cups flaked coconut (unsweetened)
- ⅓ cup flour
- ⅔ cup sweetened condensed milk
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 24 pieces maraschino cherries, stemmed, pitted and halved
- Generously grease a baking sheet.
- In a bowl, combine coconut flakes and flour. Toss together until well-dispersed.
- Add condensed milk and vanilla extract. Stir until combined. Drop by rounded teaspoonfuls on prepared baking sheet. Bake in a 325 F oven for about 8 to 10 minutes or until lightly browned. While still warm, gently press in the center and place a maraschino cherry halve.
- Remove macaroons immediately from baking sheets as they will stick if allowed to cool.