I have to admit, I like to throw around the words “quick and easy” in describing a lot of my recipes but, sometimes, I fail to take into account that “quick and easy” is subjective.
A dish which pulls together in a breeze for someone who’s been cooking for years may take a bit more sweat for someone who has just started their cooking journey.
This easy peasy cheesy chicken, however, is the real deal. It’s the epitome of quick and easy!
The steps can’t get any easier than stirring mayo, cheese, garlic powder and herbs together, slathering the mixture on chicken fillets, and then baking to perfection. Seriously, the hardest part is trying to refrain from opening the oven to take a peek!
Believe me, once you adapt this simple trick, it will definitely become your favorite method for roasting meat and seafood, too. You will be hard-pressed to overcook and dry out anything in the oven again.
The mayo creates a delicious crust which keeps the meat melt-in-your-mouth tender while caramelizing into a golden, creamy mess.
With every bite a delightful combination of succulent chicken and cheesy topping, this easy peasy cheesy chicken dish makes a dinner meal the whole family is sure to love.
- 4 pieces (4 ounces each) boneless, skinless chicken breasts
- pepper to taste
- 1 cup mayonnaise
- 1 cup shredded cheddar
- 1 teaspoon Italian seasoning
- ½ teaspoon garlic powder
- Place chicken between two sheets of plastic film. Starting from the thickest part, pound the chicken with a meat mallet to flatten. This is optional but recommended to achieve uniform thickness and ensure even cooking. Season with pepper to taste. Arrange in a single layer on a lightly greased baking sheet or oven-safe baking dish.
- In a small bowl, combine mayonnaise, cheese, Italian seasoning and garlic powder. Spoon mixture over chicken fillets, spreading to cover surface completely.
- Bake in a 400 F oven on middle rack for about 20 minutes or until thermometer inserted reads 165 F. If topping is browning too much before chicken is cooked through, loosely tent with foil. Remove from heat and allow to rest for about 3 to 5 minutes before slicing. Serve hot.