Like the avocado egg cups I posted here some months ago, this egg in a nest was inspired by a pin I discovered on Pinterest. When I followed the link, I was not suprised in the least to find that it was a Pioneer Woman’s recipe on Food Network. She is, afterall, the Queen of Yumminess.
Guys, I can’t tell you how awesome these baked eggs are. Easy to make and requiring simple ingredients you probably already have on hand, you can make a huge batch in a jiffy to enjoy for breakfast or any time of the day you need a quick energy boost. Enjoy!
- 5 cups frozen shredded hash browns, thawed
- 1-1/4 cup Cheddar cheese, shredded
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- salted and pepper to taste
- 12 eggs
- 6 slices bacon, cooked crisp and crumbled
- ¼ cup green onions, peeled and chopped
- Lightly grease a 12-hole muffin pan.
- In a bowl, combine hash browns, 1 cup of the cheese, olive oil and salt and pepper to taste. Divide mixture into prepared muffin holes and using hands, press firmly onto sides and bottom of each muffin holes to form a "nest". Bake in a 425 F oven for about 13 to 15 minutes or until hash browns are crisp and lightly browned.
- Crack one egg into each of the potato nests. Top each egg with crumbled bacon, green onions and the remaining ¼ cup cheese. Bake in a 350 F oven for about 13 to 15 minutes or until egg whites are set.
- Remove from heat and allow to slightly cool. Run a knife around the edges of each egg nests to loosen and gently lift off pan.