Loaded with Parmesan and garlic bits, these Hasselback Potatoes with Parmesan and Roasted Garlic are the stuff side dishes should be! With meaty potatoes and hearty flavor, they make a worthy accompaniment to any of your favorite meat entrees.
I’ve been meaning to buy a mandolin for awhile but my procrastinating self never got around to it so I was pretty stoked to find on my recent trip to TJ Maxx one for only $3.99. I went home pretty excited to try my new toy and what better way to play with a mandolin than making accordion-style potatoes?
These Hasselback potatoes with Parmesan and roasted garlic are like a potato side dish with major attitude but despite their diva status, they are actually low maintenance. They pull together pretty easy and flavor can be ramped up with just about any herbs and spices on hand which, in my case, were minced garlic, Italian seasoning, and Parmesan cheese. I see the addition of crisp bacon bits, chopped green onions or Ranch seasoning to work magic here, too. 🙂
I sliced my potatoes at about 1/4 inch thick as I like them “meaty”. The thinner the slice, the crispier the potatoes!
Give these potatoes a try for dinner tonight, they’re sure to be a hit with the crowd! And if you’re looking for more delicious potato ideas, make sure to check out these recipes from my food blogger friends:
- Roasted Smashed Potatoes
- Twice-Baked Potatoes
- Baked Dill Potato Chips
- Steakhouse Baked Potatoes
- Quick and Easy Savory Potato Pancakes
- Super Crispy Roasted Potatoes
- olive oil
- 6 to 7 large red potatoes
- 5 to 6 garlic cloves, peeled and minced
- 1 teaspoon Italian seasoning
- salt and pepper to taste
- ½ cup butter, cubed
- ¼ cup Parmesan cheese, shredded
- Brush bottom and sides of a cast iron skillet with olive oil.
- Using a mandoline or a sharp knife, slice potatoes crosswise into desired thickness. Arrange potato slices vertically and loosely in prepared dish or skillet.
- Sprinkle garlic and Italian seasoning on top of potatoes. Season with salt and pepper to taste. Dot potatoes with butter. Cover skillet with foil and bake in a 375 F oven for about 1 hour or until potatoes are tender. Remove foil, sprinkle with Parmesan cheese and bake for another 15 to 20 minutes or until crisp.