There are so many things we buy for convenience that doesn’t make sense cents-wise. Perfect examples would be bagged salad mixes and bottled salad dressings. I mean, really, how much work does it take to tear lettuce? Yet we spend a few dollars more here and there for a few minutes saved. This homemade blue cheese dressing took but five minutes to whisk together and it is far cheaper, fresher, chunkier and a whole lot better than even that of Paul’s.
- ½ cup blue cheese, crumbled
- ½ cup mayonnaise
- ¼ cup sour cream
- ½ cup buttermilk
- 1 tablespoon white wine vinegar
- 1 shallot, peeled and minced
- 1 tablespoon green onions, chopped
- In a bowl, combine blue cheese, mayonnaise and sour cream. Add buttermilk and white wine vinegar and mix together. Stir in shallots and green onions.