I am so excited! My one-pan BBQ chicken pasta recipe was included in a BuzzFeed round up of 21 Insanely Easy Single-Dish recipes (thank you, Jacqui!) and I’ve been seeing more than normal traffic to the blog these past couple of days.
It’s usually pretty quiet around here and I am super thankful of the extra blog visits coming my way. In celebration, I’d like to get on the one-pan theme and share with you one of our regular dinner standbys, one-pan creamy salsa verde chicken.
My friends, this green chicken. Three ingredients-alright, six, if we count olive oil, salt, and pepper-and three steps are all it takes for a chicken dish that’s super moist, flavorful and sure to be a family favorite.
Oh, my, the sauce. Creamy and with just the right touch of spice, you’d be wanting to drown yourself in it. Seriously delicious over a generous heap of steamed rice or pasta!
I used store-bought salsa verde (Herdez brand) to simplify things a bit but I do have a salsa verde recipe you can find here if you want to make it from scratch.
I cooked this dish over stove top as I like my chicken breasts lightly seared but it can be done in the oven just as well. Season the chicken breasts with salt and pepper, arrange in a single layer in a baking dish, stir together the cream and salsa, pour over the chicken and bake in a 350 F oven until chicken is cooked through. Easy peasy!
- 4 (4 ounces each) boneless, skinless chicken breasts
- salt and pepper to taste
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 cup heavy cream
- 1 cup salsa verde (I used Herdez brand)
- Trim chicken of any excess fat. Rinse well and pat dry. Season with salt and pepper to taste.
- In a skillet or cast iron pan over medium heat, heat olive oil. Add chicken in a single layer and sear for about 2 to 3 minutes on each side or until lightly browned but not cooked through.
- In a bowl, combine heavy cream and salsa verde. Pour over chicken. Lower heat, cover and simmer until sauce is reduced and thermometer at thickest part of chicken reads 165 F. Serve hot.