Roasted spiced sweet potatoes seasoned with bold spices and roasted until golden and crisp are the perfect Fall side dish. The perfect pair for any roasted meat or fowl, they’re sure to be the star of your Thanksgiving festivities!
Yay, spring! I just love this season of rebirth, everything around us is so crisp, bright and refreshing. If you ask me, spring is absolutely the best time of the year. Its temperate weather is a pleasant respite from the chilly grasp of winter or the fiery scorn of summer. So, yay! Welcome, spring, welcome.
Before we bid adieu to wool mittens and thick coats, may I present my all-time favorite Fall side dish? <--Yup, that's me, always late to the party. Here I come with roasted spiced sweet potatoes two seasons late. Well, there's always next year, right? These roasted sweet potatoes are a welcomed treat whether winter, spring, summer or fall. They're super easy to make, cook up in no time, and require basic pantry ingredients. The natural sweetness of the potatoes provides a delightful foil to the robust spices as they roast and caramelize in the oven for amazing flavor. Addictingly delicious, I've been known to gobble these crisp, golden cubes straight from the roasting pan! This is a recipe you need in your back pocket come the holiday season, these roasted potatoes are the perfect Thanksgiving side dish and will pair well with any roasted meat or fowl plan to serve. Your guests will love every flavorful morsel, you'll be the hero of the party!
- 2 pounds (about 3 to 4 large pieces) sweet potatoes, peeled and cut into 1/2-inch cubes
- 1/2 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1/2 teaspoon dried red pepper flakes
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- Using a mortar and pestle or food processor, coarsely grind oregano and red pepper flakes. In a small bowl, combine the ground oregano and red pepper flakes, garlic powder and salt.
- In a large bowl, combine sweet potatoes, spice mixture and olive oil. Toss to fully coat sweet potatoes and transfer onto a roasting pan.
- In a 425 F oven, roast for about 10 to 15 minutes. Using a spatula, turn sweet potatoes and continue to roast for 10 to 15 minutes or until tender and lightly golden. Serve hot.