This rum banana sauce is so easy to make and requires but a few ingredients. Over the years, I’ve enjoyed this creamy concoction in many delicious ways, generously slattered over morning stack of pancakes or french toast, topped over fluffy crepes or an afternoon bowl of vanilla ice cream and drizzled over slices of bread pudding or pound cake. I’ve been known to eat spoonfuls straight from the jar, too. What an amazing treat!
- ¾ cup brown sugar, packed
- ¼ cup heavy whipping cream
- ¼ cup butter, cubed
- 2 tablespoons maple syrup
- ½ teaspoon rum extract
- 2 large bananas, peeled and sliced
- In a saucepan, combine brown sugar, whipping cream, butter and maple syrup. Cook and stir over medium heat for 4 to 5 minutes or until sauce is smooth.
- Stir in bananas and heat through.
- Remove from heat and stir in rum extract.