I am not much of a drinker. I am what you would classify as a alcohol lightweight. One sip, I am giggling like a foo. Two sips, I am atop a table singing an off-key rendition of Gloria Gaynor’s I will Survive. Three sips, I am passed out on the couch (or bathroom floor) dead to the world. But when I watched this morning my hero, Rachel Ray, whippin’ up this Russian root beer float on her show, I knew the kicked-up concoction will be a part of my year-end festivities. Creamy and with just the right amount of punch, it’s definitely a happy way to greet the new year. Here’s wishing you all a blessed 2014!
- 2 shots (3 ounces) vodka
- 1 shot (1-1/2 ounces) Kahlua
- 1 shot (1-1/2 ounces) half and half
- 8 ounces root beer
- 1 scoop vanilla ice cream
- whipped cream
- maraschino cherries
- In a tall glass, add vodka, Kahlua and half and half. Stir to combine.
- Fill glass with root beer. Scoop ice cream into glass. Top with whipped topping and garnish with cherries.