Temperatures have been at horrendous at up 110 F these past few days and just the thought of turning on the stove makes me want to jump out of my skin. Thank goodness for these bacon-wrapped, mushroom gravy-slathered chicken breasts done in the crock pot, G and I enjoyed a delicious lunch without the torture of kitchen heat.
- 1 (2.5 ounces) jar dried beef
- 6 ( 4 ounces each) chicken breasts, boneless and skinless
- 6 strips bacon
- 2 (10 ounces each) mushroom soup
- 1 cup milk
- Overlapping slices, line bottom of slow cooker with dried beef.
- Starting from one end to the other, wrap chicken breasts with bacon. Secure with toothpicks and place in slow cooker over layer of dried beef slices.
- In a bowl, combine mushroom soup and milk and stir together until well-blended. Spoon over chicken breasts.
- Cook, covered, on low for about 6 to 8 hours or until chicken is cooked through. Serve hot over rice or noodles.