Slow Cooker Root Beer Pulled Pork Sliders are made with succulent pork and tangy coleslaw in soft bread buns. With loads of flavor and texture, they’re perfect for tailgating!.
Has it been a month since I was last here? Oh, my. I am so sorry for having forsaken you like this. You see, I’ve been on and off with my recipe posting here at Onion Rings and Things since June and it just seemed, the more irregular I posted, the harder it was to get back on the saddle.
I’ve had these slow cooker root beer pulled pork sliders, among other things, in my draft box for weeks but every time I sat in front of the computer to work on it, my brain cells froze and I was stumped for words. I am hoping to slide back into my blogging groove as the “among other things” in my draft box are super duper awesome and I so want to share them with you. #fingerscrossed
If there is a recipe that will more than make up for my lack of recipes these past weeks, it will be these slow cooker root beer pulled pork sliders. Peeps, there are no words to describe how the melt-in-your-mouth tender meat, the unbelievably delicious root beer sauce, the crisp and fresh cabbage slaw and the fluffy buns all pull together in one awesome bite. No words.
- 2 tablespoons oil
- 3 pounds pork loin roast
- 1 medium onion, peeled and chopped
- 2-1/2 teaspoon salt
- ½ teaspoon pepper
- 3 cups root beer
- 1-1/2 cups chili sauce
- 24 slider buns
- 1 head cabbage, shredded
- ¼ head red cabbage, shredded
- 1 large carrot, peeled and shredded
- 1 cup mayonnaise
- 1 tablespoon cider vinegar
- ½ teaspoon sugar
- ½ teaspoon celery seed
- salt and pepper to taste
- In a wide pan over high heat, heat oil. Add pork roast and cook for about 8 to 10 minutes or until seared on all sides.
- In a crockpot, place pork, onions, 2 teaspoons of the salt, pepper and 1 cup of the root beer. Cover and cook on low setting for about 7 to 8 hours or until meat is fork tender.
- In a sauce pot over medium-high heat, combine remaining 2 cups root beer, chili sauce, and the remaining ½ teaspoon salt. Bring to a boil. Lower heat to medium and continue to cook, stirring occasionally, until sauce is reduced to 3 cups.
- Remove pork from crockpot, discarding liquid. Using two forks, pull and shred meat apart, Add root beer-chili sauce to meat and stir well until meat is completely moistened. Spoon pulled pork on lower part of each slider bun, top with coleslaw and then the half of bun.
- In a bowl, combine cabbage, red cabbage and carrots.
- In another bowl, combine mayonnaise, vinegar and sugar. Whisk together until smooth and blended.
- Add dressing onto cabbage slaw and gently toss to combine. Season with celery seed and salt and pepper to taste.