Strawberry Limeade is a refreshing summer drink made with freshly-squeezed lime juice, pureed strawberries, and simple syrup. It’s fresh, tangy, fruity and the perfect way to beat the heat.
Summer with its ominous heat is just around the corner and if there’s something we should always remember to do, it’s hydrate, hydrate, hydrate!
Southern California weather can get pretty overbearing during these warmer months but luckily, fresh fruits to turn into refreshing drinks such as this strawberry limeade are aplenty.
Lazy sips (or greedy gulps, in my case) of this Strawberry limeade are truly one of the best parts of summer.
It’s fresh, tangy, fruity and the perfect way to beat the heat. Just the kind of drink you enjoy by the poolside while you lounge all day long. And easy to make, too! Just simple syrup, pureed strawberries and citrus juice stirred and served over ice, and you’re on your way to bliss.
This strawberry limeade is all about fresh ingredients. Please do not be tempted to use bottled lime juice. Although convenient, the flavor is just not the same as freshly-squeezed.
To get the most juice out of your limes, make sure they’re at room temperature and roll them a few times on a flat surface before squeezing.
I made the drink pretty tart and sweet as the added ice will naturally dilute the mixture. You can, of course, add more cold water to adjust to your taste. And BTW, if you’re looking for a more grown-up treat, a healthy splash of vodka or tequila won’t hurt. 😉
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 cup water (for the simple syrup)
- 2 cups strawberries, hulled
- 1½ cups freshly-squeezed lime juice (about 12 limes)
- 2 cups cold water
- In a sauce pot, combine sugar and 1 cup water. Over medium heat, bring to a simmer, stirring regularly, until sugar is dissolved and syrup is clear and no longer cloudy. Remove from heat and allow to cool completely.
- In a blender, process strawberries until pureed. Strain through a fine mesh sieve to remove seeds.
- In a pitcher, combine simple syrup, lime juice, pureed strawberries and 2 cups cold water. Stir well. To serve, pour in glasses over ice. Garnish with sliced limes and strawberries, if desired.