Two-Ingredient Breadsticks made with two simple ingredients you probably already have in the kitchen! The dough is perfect for bread sticks but makes a great pizza crust for your favorite toppings, too!
A few days ago, I shared with you an amazing dulce de leche ice cream made with just two ingredients. Rich, silky and with intense caramel flavor, it’s one of my favorite summer treats and I hope you enjoy it as much as I do.
Today, however, is all about two-ingredient breadsticks.
Alright, I admit. Technically, these breadsticks have six ingredients. I still insist, though, on my two-ingredient claim because, really, the cheese, butter, garlic powder, and herbs are just optional add-ons to kick the flavor up a notch. The actual breadsticks, which are delicious as is, need only two ingredients, self-rising flour and Greek yogurt, to make!
So, yes, two-ingredient breadsticks it is. 🙂
I won’t go into a lot of detail on what chemical wizardry makes these two things work together like a charm into soft and chewy breadsticks because, umm, I don’t know.
From the little I understand, the lactic acid in yogurt reacts with the leavening properties of self-rising flour to help the dough rise nice and proud in the oven. It’s just a bunch of science stuff that means one thing: this is the easiest and simplest breadsticks you can make.
Other than delicious breadsticks, this two-ingredient dough also makes a wonderful pizza crust for all your favorite toppings. Pepperoni? Ham and Pineapple? Bell peppers, mushrooms and red onions? Load it up!
Pizzas and breadsticks are perfect when you have snack cravings and need a quick fix. But the fun doesn’t need to stop there!
You can just as easily use the dough for stromboli, calzone, cheese bombs, focaccia, hot pockets or even flatbreads. With only two ingredients and simple steps, creating many delicious treats is easy peasy.
Give these breadsticks a try and be pleasantly surprised. And please, come back and let me know what amazing ways you’ve used this two-ingredient pizza dough. I love hearing from you.
- 1¼ cup self-rising flour
- 1 cup Greek yogurt
- 4 tablespoons butter, melted
- ½ teaspoon garlic powder
- ½ teaspoon dried Italian seasonings or dried basil
- ¼ cup Cheddar cheese, shredded
- In a bowl, combine 1-1/4 cup of the flour and yogurt. Stir together until well combined.
- Transfer dough onto a flat surface. Using remaining ¼ cup flour, knead dough until smooth and no longer sticky.
- Divide dough into 8 portions. Roll each dough portion between the palm of your hands until it forms a thin log. Arrange each log in a single layer on a lightly greased baking pan. Alternatively, roll dough into a rectangular shape and cut into 8 thin logs.
- In a bowl, combine 2 tablespoons of the butter, garlic powder and herbs. Brush dough liberally with butter mixture and sprinkle with cheese.
- Bake in a 425 F oven for about 10 to 15 minutes or until lightly browned. Remove from heat and immediately brush with the remaining butter. Serve with marinara sauce.