Somewhere in this blog, I’ve ‘fessed up to almost non-existent baking skills. I believe I am a reasonably good cook. Give me a carcass and I can prepare it in more delicious ways than one. But give me flour and butter or yeast and baking powder and I won’t know what to do if my life depended on their rising and falling in the oven. Still, with recipes such as this one I found on a package of C&H sugar for unbelievable peanut butter cookies, I am able to fake it ’til I make it.
- 1 cup peanut butter (smooth or chunky)
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 egg
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- In a medium bowl, combine peanut butter, sugar, egg and vanilla extract until well blended.
- Using a teaspoon or small ice cream scoop, drop dough two inches apart on an ungreased baking sheet. Using tines of fork dipped in sugar, press on top of each dough in a criss-cross pattern.
- Bake in a 325 F oven for about 12 to 15 minutes or until lightly browned. Allow to cool.