As much as he exasperates and drives me nuts at times, I have to hand it to my bae for being a sweet, thoughtful kind of guy. In all the years we’ve been together, he has never forgotten a special occasion and be it anniversaries, birthdays or Valentine’s Days, he always went out of his way to make me feel extra loved. But although I treasure the generosity of long-stemmed roses, gourmet chocolates, perfumes, spa certificates and jewelry, it is the small stuff he does on a daily basis that rocks my world.
Really, what could possibly mean more than getting in your car early winter morning, rushing for work, and finding your gas tank all filled up? I was so touched, I just had to run back to the house and give him a big, sloppy kiss! And of course, I had to document the moment on Instagram. 😉
I guess it proves that life (and love) is all about the little things. You don’t have to go crazy and break the bank to celebrate Valentine’s Day meaningfully. Give your tweetums a bunch of these Valentine’s Day Love Coupons (click here and here to download) which he can redeem as the mood hits. Along with coupons for lunch dates, back rubs, romantic strolls and such, the printable also include a blank one for you to get creative and have fun with.
Here are 10 Romantic Things to Do For Your Man on Valentine’s Day (or any day):
- 15 minutes kissing session. Get hot and heavy, explore and discover new areas to kiss!
- A Spa Treat. Pamper him from head to toe with a romantic bubble bath for two. Take a shower together. Offer to shave his face, give him a pedicure and a foot scrub.
- NO nagging for one day. Forget that he forgot to throw the trash. Left the toilet seat up? Let it go.
- Dance. Hold each other tight and move to the rhythm of your favorite love song. Slow dance in the privacy of your living room or in public at Walmart’s parking lot. Why not?
- “WE” Time. Turn off cellphones, laptops or TV’s and give him undivided attention. Game of Thrones can wait.
- Window shop together at a sex-toy store. Intimacy between two committed people is a beautiful thing. Be spontaneous and adventurous. Spice it up, be his fantasy.
- “ME” Day. As much as you love being together, there are times he wants (and needs) to be alone. Give him a night out to enjoy with the boys or a day off to do the activities he loves without you calling every 30 seconds.
- Have a Sports Day Party. Invite a few of his buddies for Monday Night Football. Stock up on ice-cold beer and serve their favorite game day eats. Do it with a smile and make him proud.
- Do something nice for his mother. Take her out to lunch or send her flowers.Thank her for raising such a wonderful man.
- Let him be king, for one day at least. Sit in silence while he drives, even if you’re lost in the middle of God-knows where. Let him put his feet up on the coffee table you just polished to a mirror-shine. Boasts about him to his friends and family. Lavish compliments, assure him he’s as attractive and irresistible as the first day you met.