Sweet, spicy and super tender Slow Cooker Cola Roast is perfect for busy weeknights. Done in the slow cooker, it’s a hands-off meal that’s easy and convenient yet satisfying and delicious.
I have to admit, I’ve never been a big fan of crock pot cooking. In fact, we have two brand new ones gifted to us two Christmases in a row that are still sitting in our garage unopened. I guess it’s because preparing a meal is therapeutic for me and I hate the hands-off process of slow cookers.
However, G came across this mushroom chicken and he insisted we give it a try. I took one bite of the chicken and I sat there wondering how big a fool I was for not making the most of this kitchen wonder these many years! Then, of course, we made this cola roast for lunch today and it officially sealed me into a true crockpot aficionado.
Ahh, this roast. So moist and tender, it literally fell to succulent morsels with minimal swipes of my fork! Ahhh, the flavors. Sweet and spicy, it’s awesome served with sides of mashed potatoes and buttered green beans as a satisfying dinner meal and equally amazing sandwiched between kaiser rolls as a light lunch. And to think all the prep it took was a few minutes of searing the meat and everything else happened while I was asleep!
- 2 pounds chuck roast
- salt and pepper to taste
- 1 (12 ounces) can cola
- 1½ cups chili sauce
- 1 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1 small onion, peeled and chopped
- Season roast with salt and pepper to taste. In a skillet over high heat, sear roast on all sides.
- In a slow cooker, place roast.
- In a bowl, combine coca cola, chili sauce, Worcestershire sauce and onions. Stir well to combine and pour over roast.
- Cook, covered, on low for about 6 to 7 hours or on high for about 3 to 4 hours until fork-tender.
- Remove from pot, shred and spoon sauce on top.