Raspberry and cream cheese-filled wontons are what you need right now! Filled with sweet raspberry jam and creamy cream cheese, and then fried to a golden crisp, expect them gone in 60 seconds.
Looking for something indulgent that requires minimal effort? Here it is, raspberry and cream cheese-filled wontons!
Although inspired by the cream cheese wontons you find at your neighborhood Chinese restaurant, these raspberry and cream cheese-filled wontons were taken to a whole new level of yum by the addition of, you guessed it, raspberry preserves!
I like switching these sweet babies up with assorted jams such as orange marmalade, blackberry, and strawberry for variety and, occasionally, with Nutella (can’t go wrong with chocolate). They’re so addictingly delicious, expect them gone in 60 seconds. They’re so quick and easy to make, you’ll have a huge batch ready in no time for parties or for “self”. 🙂
Just make sure your oil is at the optimal 350 F. Too high and the wrappers will burn or too low and the wontons will absorb a lot more grease. Use enough oil (they should be swimming in the oil) when frying so they brown evenly. Afterall, these raspberry and cream cheese-filled wontons are NOT low calorie treats. Enjoy!
- 1 package (48 each) wonton wrappers
- 1 cup raspberry preserves
- 8 ounces cream cheese, cut into ½-inch cubes
- powdered sugar
- Separate wonton wrappers into individual sheets and lay out on a flat surface. In the middle of each wrapper, spoon ½ teaspoon of jam and one cube of cream cheese. Lightly moisten sides of wrapper with water. Gather all corners to the middle to cover filling and to form a packet. Press edges together to completely seal.
- In a pan over medium heat, heat about 2-inches of oil. Add wontons and deep-fry for about 2 to 3 minutes or until golden and crisp. Remove from pan, drain on a wire rack set over a baking sheet. Lightly dust with powdered sugar.