Winnie the Pooh Cupcakes are the most adorable sweet treat ever! Easy and fun to make, they’re perfect for movie night or a Winnie the Pooh theme party.
When I posted the Minion cupcakes last week, I thought nothing can top them in the cute department, but I was wrong. These Winnie the Pooh cupcakes definitely take the (cup) cake!
Have you seen anything more adorable? OMG, they’re so stinking cute!
The Christopher Robin movie is coming out soon and I can’t wait to see it (yes, I still watch cartoons). Winnie the Pooh books were my favorite things to read growing up and it’s nice to see all these childhood characters come alive on the screen.
These cupcakes will be a fun way to enjoy the movie with the kiddos. Set up an afternoon baking project! They’re so easy to make, they’re perfect for little hands to put together and decorate.
How to Make Winnie the Pooh Cupcakes
These Winnie the Pooh cupcakes are made from a boxed chocolate cake mix but feel free to make from scratch using your favorite recipe or use store-bought.
Along with the cupcakes, you’ll need white frosting, yellow fondant (this is an affiliate link), and black decorating icing. Make sure the cupcakes are completely cool before frosting.
Line a baking sheet with wax paper. Dust a flat working surface with a thin layer of cornstarch and roll the fondant to about ¼-inch thick. Use a cookie cutter to cut out 12 fondant circles that will fit the top of the cupcakes.
Roll 12 spheres at about 1-inch diameter. Flatten out and shape them into ovals. Roll 24 smaller spheres and shape them flat and pointed at one end to resemble Pooh’s ears.
Assemble fondant pieces by placing a flat oval in the center of the large fondant circle, brushing the back of the oval with water to help stick onto the circle. Use a Wilton tip #7 to draw Pooh’s nose and eyes with black frosting and a Wilton tip #6 to draw on his eyebrows.
Place assembled Pooh’s face on each cupcake and apply his ears, brush the back of each ear with water to secure on the face. And they’re ready to enjoy as a snack, give out as gifts, or use for a Winnie the Pooh theme party!
I’m building a library of fun food here on the blog and below is a list of what we have so far. Please stay tuned for more to come!
Winnie the Pooh Cupcakes
- 1/2 box Chocolate cake mix, 7 ounces of the 15.25-ounce mix
- cornstarch for rolling fondant
- 8 ounces yellow fondant
- 1 stick butter
- 2 cups icing sugar
- 2 tablespoons milk
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- black frosting
- Bake the chocolate cupcakes according to the package directions, using red cupcake liners. Remove from pan and allow to cool completely.
- Line a baking sheet with wax paper. Dust a flat working surface with a thin layer of cornstarch. Roll the fondant to about ¼-inch thick and use a cookie cutter to cut out 12 fondant circles that will fit the top of the cupcakes.
- Roll 12 spheres about 1-inch diameter. Flatten and shape them into ovals.
- Roll 24 smaller spheres and shape flat and pointed at one end to resemble Pooh's ears.
- In a bowl, combine butter, icing sugar, milk, and vanilla extract. Beat with an electric mixer until smooth.
- Using an offset spatula, frost each cupcake.
- Assemble fondant pieces by placing a flat oval in the center of one large fondant circle, brushing the back of the oval to help stick onto the circle.
- Using Wilton tip #7, draw Pooh’s nose and eyes with black frosting. Switch to Wilton tip #6 and draw on his eyebrows.
- Place assembled fondant Pooh face on each cupcake. Apply the ears, brushing the back of each ear with water to secure on the face.