Bacon-Wrapped Cheese-Stuffed Chicken
Bacon-Wrapped Cheese-Stuffed Chicken stuffed with cream cheese and wrapped in smoky bacon. Super easy to make for everyday dinner yet fancy enough for company.
Servings: 4 Servings
- 4 ounces cream cheese, softened
- 1/2 cup cheddar cheese, shredded
- 4 (4 ounces each) boneless, skinless chicken breasts
- 8 slices thin cut bacon
- paprika to taste
- 1 tablespoon fresh parsley, chopped
In a bowl, combine cream cheese and cheddar cheese. Form into about 2 to 3-inch length and 1/2-inch thickness (make sure they will fit the cut you make on the chicken).
Wrap each cheese log in plastic film and freeze for about 10 to 15 minutes or until firm.
Trim chicken of any excess fat. Make a small slit on top of meat, but not cutting all the way through.
Remove the plastic film and insert the cheese log into the slit.
Wrap chicken with bacon and place in a single layer on a cast iron skillet or baking dish.
Season with paprika to taste and sprinkle with chopped parsley.
Bake in a 400 F oven for about 30 to 35 minutes or until thermometer inserted in center of chicken reads 165 F.
Broil for about 1 to 2 minutes or until bacon crisps. Serve hot.
- Form the cheese mixture into small logs and then pop them in the freezer for about 10 to 15 minutes before stuffing into the chicken. This way, it melts congruently with the roasting chicken and bacon so you get creamy pockets of cheesy filling instead of a gooey mess that oozed out on the pan.
- Crank up the oven to broil during the last 1 to 2 minutes of cooking time to crisp up the bacon a little.
- Use thin-cut bacon so it will cook and crisp congruently with the chicken. If you want super crispy bacon, you can pre-cook the rashers just until limp.
Serving: 195g | Calories: 578kcal | Carbohydrates: 1.7g | Protein: 52.6g | Fat: 38.9g | Saturated Fat: 16.8g | Cholesterol: 189mg | Sodium: 1148mg | Potassium: 549mg | Vitamin A: 800IU | Vitamin C: 1.7mg | Calcium: 150mg | Iron: 2.5mg