Sesame Chicken and Watermelon
Sesame Chicken and Watermelon for a tasty, healthy and low-carb meal. With flavorful chicken over juicy watermelons, it's an interesting combination of flavors you need to try!
Servings 4 Servings
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 1 pound boneless, skinless chicken breasts, cut into bite-size pieces
- 2 tablespoons soy sauce
- 2 tablespoons Chinese cooking wine
- 1 teaspoon sesame oil
- 2 cloves garlic , peeled and minced
- 1 teaspoon fresh ginger, peeled and minced
- 2 cups seedless watermelon, diced
- 2 tablespoons green onions, chopped
- 1/2 teaspoon toasted sesame seeds
In a wok or wide pan over high heat oil, heat oil until it just begins to smoke.
Add chicken and cook, stirring regularly, for about 3 to 4 minutes or until lightly browned.
Lower heat to medium-high. Add ginger and garlic and cook until aromatic.
Add soy sauce, cooking wine and sesame oil. Continue to cook, stirring regularly, until most of the liquid is absorbed and chicken is cooked.
Add green onions and sesame seeds. Stir until distributed.
On four plates, arrange diced watermelon and top with the sesame chicken. Sprinkle with additional green onions and sesame seeds, if desired. Serve immediately.
Calories: 241kcal | Carbohydrates: 7g | Protein: 25g | Fat: 11g | Saturated Fat: 6g | Cholesterol: 72mg | Sodium: 636mg | Potassium: 523mg | Sugar: 4g | Vitamin A: 495IU | Vitamin C: 8.6mg | Calcium: 14mg | Iron: 0.8mg