Fiesta Chicken Chili
Fiesta Chicken Chili is quick, easy and perfect for busy weeknight dinners. Chock full of chicken, beans, corn, tomatoes, and green chiles in a rich, creamy broth, it's hearty and tasty!
Servings 8 Servings
- 1/2 cup canola oil
- 4 corn tortillas, cut into thin strips
- 2 cans (10 ounces each) Hormel Premium Chicken Breasts, drained
- 2 cans (14 ounces each) white beans, drained
- 1 can (14 ounces) cut corn, drained
- 1 can (10 ounces) diced tomatoes and green chilies
- 1 can (7 ounces) diced green chiles
- 2 cups chicken broth
- 2 cups Pepper Jack cheese, shredded
- 1 teaspoon cumin
- 1 teaspoon chili powder
- 1/4 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- salt and pepper to taste
In a pan over medium heat, heat oil to 350 F. Add tortilla chips and deep-fry until golden brown and crisp. With a slotted spoon, remove from pan and drain on paper towels.
In a pot over medium heat, combine chicken, white beans, corn, diced tomatoes and chilies, diced green chiles, chicken broth.
Add cheese, cumin, chili powder and cayenne pepper. Cook, stirring occasionally, for about 8 to 10 minutes or until mixture is hot and cheese is melted,
Ladle into bowls and top with tortilla strips. Serve hot.
Calories: 383kcal | Carbohydrates: 37g | Protein: 24g | Fat: 16g | Saturated Fat: 6g | Cholesterol: 41mg | Sodium: 955mg | Potassium: 574mg | Fiber: 8g | Sugar: 5g | Vitamin A: 730IU | Vitamin C: 13.6mg | Calcium: 286mg | Iron: 3.2mg