Authentic Mexican Carne Asada
Authentic Mexican Carne Asada marinated in citrus juices, beer, and spices, and then grilled over hot coals for a wonderful charred flavor. This delicious Mexican entree is wonderful with rice and beans and equally amazing in burritos, tacos, quesadillas, and nachos.
Servings 6 Servings
- 3 pounds flap meat, sliced to about 1/4-inch thick
- 2 tablespoons seasoned salt
- 1 teaspoon pepper
- 1/2 cup lime juice ( about 8 to 10 limes)
- 1/2 cup orange juice (about 2 oranges)
- 1/2 cup lager-style beer (preferably Mexican)
- 1/3 cup olive oil
- 2 tablespoons brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1 teaspoon ancho chili powder
- 1 head garlic, peeled and minced
- 1 large onion, peeled and sliced thinly
Season meat with seasoned salt and pepper. Massage onto meat and let stand for about 8 to 10 minutes.
In a bowl, combine lime juice, orange juice, beer, olive oil, brown sugar, cumin, and chili powder. Stir until sugar is dissolved. Add meat, garlic and onions. Massage onto meat to fully coat.
Cover with film and marinate in the refrigerator for at least 4 hours or overnight. Drain meat from marinade and bring to room temperature. Grill on hot coals for about 5 to 7 minutes per side or until desired doneness. Serve immediately.
Serving: 309g | Calories: 603kcal | Carbohydrates: 8.6g | Protein: 61.05g | Fat: 34.3g | Saturated Fat: 10.4g | Cholesterol: 134mg | Sodium: 1699mg | Potassium: 780mg | Sugar: 6.4g | Vitamin A: 150IU | Vitamin C: 47.9mg | Calcium: 30mg