Hello! Welcome to my little block of the world wide web. Here you’ll find recipes, household tips, DIY/crafts and more! But first, let’s get acquainted. My name is Lalaine and yep! This is me right here…
and here are a few inconsequential things about me:
1) I do for work what I do for play. For the past twenty years, I’ve worked as a Food Service Manager in skilled nursing facilities.
2) I have over one hundred 3-inch binders housing over tens of thousands of recipes, crafts, household tips I’ve clipped and collected from magazines over the years.
3) I love icy-cold Diet Cokes. I drink 5 to 7 cans throughout the day.
4) I watch Shark Tank faithfully every week. My dream is one day, Mark Cuban will fund my mini egg pie business.
5) I have a
21 24-year-old daughter who is a smarter, kinder, better version of her mother. She makes me proud and I will be mentioning her often.
6) I am a hoarder. Aside from recipe clippings, I also collect limited edition Barbie dolls, refrigerator magnets, and miniature perfumes.
7) I know not all. I’d like to claim the recipes here are all my “original creations” but that would be starting our relationship with deceit. I believe, for every great idea, someone else thought it first and better. The various meal ideas you find here are my personal interpretations of food I’ve learned over the years from cookbooks, family, friends, neighbors, cooking shows etc. As they reflect my individual taste, feel free to substitute, modify and tweak to suit yours.
8) I wish I know all. I wish I can make your mouth water with my photography. I wish I can have you rolling on the floor with my wit. Then again, I also wish I was slimmer, richer, prettier. But of course, life is never that kind. My pictures are hit and miss, my one-liners fall flat. Nothing fancy here, just my favorite family recipes, tips, and crafts with a dash of my blah, blah, blah thrown in. So if you are looking for simple home cooking, welcome and I am glad you are here.
9) I have a best friend whom I fondly call G. He loves to cook as much as I do and I will be sharing his recipes often.
10) I also have another cooking blog, Kawaling Pinoy, where I share mainly Filipino and Asian-inspired recipes. I’d love to see you there, too.
If you have questions regarding the use of Onion Rings and Things or would like to collaborate on sponsored posts or campaigns, please contact me at firstname.lastname@example.org or (562) 267-9454.