Tuscan Chicken slow-cooked in a hearty tomato sauce with tender spinach, white beans, and cheese. A simple, delicious dinner perfect for a busy weeknight.
Servings 6 Servings
- 4 strips bacon, chopped
- 1 small onion, peeled and chopped
- 2 cloves garlic, peeled and minced
- 3 pounds chicken, cut into serving pieces
- 1 can (14 ounces) diced tomatoes (including juice)
- 1/4 cup white wine
- 1 cup water
- 1 tablespoon tomato paste
- 1/4 teaspoon Italian seasoning
- salt and pepper to taste
- 1 can (15 ounces) cannellini or white beans, drained and rinsed
- 1 cup baby spinach
- 1 tablespoon Parmesan cheese, shredded
In a wide skillet over medium heat, add bacon and cook, stirring regularly, for about 2 to 3 minutes or until they begin to release fat.
Add onions and garlic and cook until limp. Drain some of the fat leaving about 1 tablespoon.
Add chicken and cook, turning as needed, until lightly browned.
Add diced tomatoes, white wine, water, tomato paste, and Italian seasoning. Stir to combine. Season with salt and pepper to taste.
Bring to a boil, stirring occasionally. Lower heat, cover and simmer for about 15 to 20 minutes or until chicken is cooked through.
Add beans and cook until heated through.
Add spinach and cook until just wilted.
Top with parmesan cheese. Serve hot.
Calories: 488kcal | Carbohydrates: 17g | Protein: 30g | Fat: 32g | Saturated Fat: 9g | Cholesterol: 107mg | Sodium: 658mg | Potassium: 694mg | Fiber: 5g | Sugar: 4g | Vitamin A: 750IU | Vitamin C: 12.4mg | Calcium: 80mg | Iron: 3.1mg