Tuscan Chicken with spinach, white beans, and an amazing tomato sauce. Hearty, delicious, and incredibly easy to make, it’s a guaranteed to be a dinner favorite!
If you want a quick and easy weeknight dinner that’s guaranteed to be a family favorite, this Tuscan chicken packs a lot of flavor without a lot of work. Chock full of juicy bone-in chicken, white beans, spinach, and an amazing tomato sauce, it’s hearty and tasty!
The magic starts by browning the chicken pieces with bacon for a smoky layer of flavor and simmering the nicely seared meat in tomatoes and white wine for a rich tomato gravy. It is then finished off with white beans, fresh spinach, and Parmesan cheese for the perfect stew!
I used bone-in chicken for maximum flavor and juiciness but feel free to swap with diced boneless chicken breast or thigh meat. I love sopping up the tasty tomato sauce with thick chunks of bread but this Tuscan chicken stew is also amazing served with rice or pasta.
- 4 strips bacon, chopped
- 1 small onion, peeled and chopped
- 2 cloves garlic, peeled and minced
- 3 pounds chicken, cut into serving pieces
- 1 can (14 ounces) diced tomatoes (including juice)
- 1/4 cup white wine
- 1 cup water
- 1 tablespoon tomato paste
- 1/4 teaspoon Italian seasoning
- salt and pepper to taste
- 1 can (15 ounces) cannellini or white beans, drained and rinsed
- 1 cup baby spinach
- 1 tablespoon Parmesan cheese, shredded
- In a wide skillet over medium heat, add bacon and cook, stirring regularly, for about 2 to 3 minutes or until they begin to release fat.
- Add onions and garlic and cook until limp. Drain some of the fat leaving about 1 tablespoon.
- Add chicken and cook, turning as needed, until lightly browned.
- Add diced tomatoes, white wine, water, tomato paste, and Italian seasoning. Stir to combine. Season with salt and pepper to taste.
- Bring to a boil, stirring occasionally. Lower heat, cover and simmer for about 15 to 20 minutes or until chicken is cooked through.
- Add beans and cook until heated through.
- Add spinach and cook until just wilted.
- Top with parmesan cheese. Serve hot.