Texas Caviar Dip loaded with black-eyed peas, grilled corn, tomatoes, bell peppers, celery, and tangy dressing for an addicting dip or side dish. It's fresh, healthy, and tasty!
Servings 8 Servings
- 1 teaspoon canola oil
- 1 cup frozen corn, thawed
- 2 cans (15 ounces each) black-eyed peas, drained and rinsed
- 2 Roma tomatoes, seeded and diced
- 1 medium green bell pepper, cored, seeded and diced
- 1 small Maui sweet onions, peeled and diced
- 1 stalk celery, diced
- 1 jalapeno pepper, seeded and minced
- 1 cup Italian Dressing
- salt and pepper to taste
In a wide skillet over medium-high heat, heat oil. Add corn and cook, stirring occasionally, for about 3 to 5 minutes or until nicely charred. Remove from pan and let cool completely.
In a large bowl, combine black-eyed peas, grilled corn, tomatoes, bell peppers, onions, celery, and jalapeno peppers.
Add Italian dressing and gently toss to combine. Season with salt and pepper to taste.
Refrigerate for about 15 to 20 minutes to chill and to allow flavors to meld.
Calories: 238kcal | Carbohydrates: 35g | Protein: 9g | Fat: 7g | Saturated Fat: 1g | Sodium: 305mg | Potassium: 505mg | Fiber: 8g | Sugar: 9g | Vitamin A: 250IU | Vitamin C: 20.3mg | Calcium: 43mg | Iron: 3.1mg