Slow Cooker Cola Roast with sweet and spicy flavors and super moist and tender meat. Cooked in the crockpot, it’s a hands-off meal for easy weeknight dinners.
I have to admit, I’ve never been a big fan of crock pot cooking. I’ve always thought meat cooked in the crockpot lack the robust flavor and the delicious browning I look. In fact, we had two gifted to us two Christmases in a row that sat in our garage unopened for a long time.
However, G came across this mushroom chicken and he insisted we give it a try. I took one bite of the chicken and I sat there at the dinner table kicking myself up for not making the most of this kitchen wonder these many years. Then, of course, we made this cola roast for lunch today and I kicked myself up even more. Ugh, all those hours manning the stove when I could have been out and about. Or sleeping.
Ahh, this Slow Cooker Cola Roast. So moist and tender, it literally falls into succulent morsels with minimal swipes of a fork!
Ahhh, the flavors! Sweet and spicy, it’s awesome served with sides of mashed potatoes and buttered green beans as a satisfying dinner meal and equally amazing sandwiched between kaiser rolls as a light lunch. The best part is, all the work it takes is the quick searing of the meat and everything else happens hands-off in the crockpot.
Slow Cooker Cola Roast
- 2 tablespoons oil
- 2 pounds chuck roast
- salt and pepper to taste
- 1 can (12 ounces) cola 12 ounces
- 1 1/2 cups chili sauce
- 1 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1 small onion, peeled and chopped
- Season chuck roast with salt and pepper to taste. In a skillet over high heat, heat oil. Add meat and sear roast on all sides.
- In a bowl, combine coca cola, chili sauce, Worcestershire sauce, and onions. Stir well to combine.
- Place meat in the slow cooker. Add cola mixture. Cover with lid and cook on LOW for about 6 to 7 hours or on HIGH for about 3 to 4 hours until fork-tender.
- Remove beef from the slow cooker, shred, and spoon sauce on top. Serve hot.