Garlic Parmesan Roasted Asparagus are your next favorite side dish! Tender-crisp and loaded with garlic and Parmesan, they’re super easy to make yet absolutely tasty!
I am not much of a vegetable eater but I do love asparagus and I regularly keep a bunch or two at home even during months when they’re out of season and are horribly expensive. These delectable spears are a regular on our meal rotation and garlic parmesan roasted asparagus happens to be my ultimate favorite.
Roasting brings out the natural sweetness of vegetables and with a full on garlic and Parmesan flavor, these roasted asparaguses are absolutely addicting!
Roasted asparagus is incredibly easy to make yet delivers amazing flavors. All it takes is a quick toss in olive oil and seasonings plus 10 minutes in the oven to roast. This is a no-fuss side dish perfect for busy weeknight dinners but fancy enough for company.
Here are a few tips on how to prepare this asparagus side dish:
- When buying asparagus, choose spears that are brightly colored and check the ends to make sure they are intact and are not overly dry and brown.
- Asparagus typically lasts for about 2 to 3 days in the fridge. To keep fresh up to a week, store the spears standing up in a glass jar with about 2 inches of water and loosely cover the top with a plastic bag.
- To trim the tough ends, snap off at the point where the spear naturally bends.
Garlic Parmesan Roasted Asparagus
- 1 pound Asparagus
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 3 cloves garlic, peeled and minced
- 1/2 teaspoon Kosher salt
- Freshly-ground pepper to taste
- 2 tablespoons Parmesan cheese, grated
- Break off tough ends of asparagus. Place on a baking sheet and drizzle with olive oil. Season with salt to taste and generously with pepper. Toss to fully coat.
- Spread asparagus in a single layer on baking sheet. Sprinkle with garlic and Parmesan cheese.
- Roast in a 400 F oven for about 8 to 10 minutes or until tender yet crisp. Serve immediately.