With your choice of pasta, bocconcini, and juicy cherry tomatoes tossed in a rich pesto sauce, this Pesto Pasta with Fresh Mozzarella and Cherry Tomatoes is both hearty and delicious. Serve with crusty french rolls and you have a lunch meal that’s sure to please the crowd!
Have I told you I love pesto? I love that it is so quick and easy to make, just a handful of ingredients, a few whirls in the food processor and you have a tub that stores well for days in the refrigerator and complements most dishes. I love it with halibut, with rice and of course, with this pesto pasta with fresh mozzarella and cherry tomatoes.
Dinner can’t get any easier than this, you guys! I made my own pesto sauce because, you know, I like punishing myself with more work, but you can very well pick up a jar of your trusted brand and have this pasta dish ready in a pinch. The recipe easily doubles, too! This pesto pasta keeps well in the fridge and leftovers are just as awesome as packed lunch for work the next day. Enjoy!
- 2 cups uncooked Spiral or Penne
- 1 cup prepared pesto sauce
- 1 cup boconccini (fresh mozzarella balls)
- 1 cup cherry tomatoes
- Parmesan cheese, grated
- ¼ cup pine nuts
- 1 large bunch of fresh basil
- ¼ cup parmesan cheese, grated
- ¼ cup olive oil
- 1 head garlic, peeled
- zest from 1 lemon
- ½ teaspoon black pepper, ground
- In a saucepan, bring salted water to a rolling boil. Add penne and cook, stirring occasionally, for about 11 to 13 minutes or until firm to bite. Remove from heat and drain.
- In a bowl, combine cooked pasta, boconccini and cherry tomatoes. Add in pesto sauce and stir well to combine. Sprinkle with Parmesan cheese as desired.
- In a food processor, process pine nuts, basil, parmesan cheese, olive oil, garlic, lemon zest and pepper until smooth.