Hi, friends! Look at what we are having for Super Bowl~juicy beef patties, sweet caramelized onions, creamy chipotle mayo. and spicy pepper jack cheese in soft Hawaiian dinner rolls! These burger sliders with caramelized onions and chipotle mayo are so simple to make yet pack big flavors; they’re all you need for a great game day party.
Burger Sliders with Caramelized Onions and Chipotle Mayo
- 2 pounds ground beef
- 1 teaspoon seasoned salt
- 1 tablespoon Worchestershire sauce
- 1 teaspoon pepper
- 3 slices Pepper jack cheese, , cut into fourths
- 12 Hawaiian dinner rolls
- caramelized onions
- chipotle mayonnaise (store-bought or homemade)
For the Caramelized onions
- 2 large onions, , peeled and sliced thinly
- 1 teaspoon butter
- 1 teaspoon olive oil
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
For the Chipotle Mayonnaise
- 1/2 cup mayonnaise
- 1 tablespoon adobo sauce from canned chipotle
- juice of 1/2 lime
- Salt and pepper to taste
- In a large bowl, combine ground beef, seasoned salt, Worcestershire sauce and pepper. With a fork, gently stir to combine, making sure not to compress ingredients. Divide into 12 portions and shape into 2-inch patties. With thumb, gently press in the middle of each beef patty to make a small indent.
- On a lightly-oiled hot grill, arrange patties in a single layer and cook for about 2 to 4 minutes. With a spatula, turn over patties and cook for another 2 to 4 minutes or until done. On the last 1 minute of cooking time, place 1 Pepper jack cheese on the top of each burger and close the grill lid to allow cheese to slightly melt.
- With a knife, slice each dinner roll crosswise into halves and place cut side down on the grill to lightly toast. Spread chipotle mayo on rolls. Place patties on each bottom rolls, top with caramelized onions and cover with top rolls.
For the Caramelized Onions
- In a wide, thick bottomed skillet over medium heat, heat 1 teaspoon butter and 1 teaspoon olive oil until hot and shimmering. Add onions and stir until coated with oil. Add sugar and salt. Cook and stir onions for about 5 minutes or until they release liquid. Spread onions in the pan and adjust heat to low. Continue to cook, stirring occasionally, for about 30 minutes or until onions are golden brown and wilted. Remove from pan and set aside.
For the Chipotle Mayo
- In a bowl, combine mayonnaise, adobo sauce (from the canned chipotle), lemon juice, and salt and pepper ot taste.