Spread Christmas cheer and share the joy of the season with Random Acts of Kindness FREE printable!
Sometimes, we get so entrapped with the commercialism of the holidays, it’s so easy to forget what this season is really all about. This RAK or Random Acts of Kindness printable is a simple way to remind us and teach our children the true spirit of Christmas.
Ideas for Random Acts of Kindness
- Smile at a stranger. It doesn’t cost a dime but a simple acknowledgment helps people feel more socially connected.
- Give another driver your parking space. Even if it’s the only free one on the lot.
- Cook a meal, do the laundry or babysit for a busy mom.
- Pick up groceries for an elderly couple in your neighborhood or offer to drive them to the store.
- Call a friend who is going through a rough patch.
- Volunteer at a senior center or a nursing home. I’ve worked in a skilled nursing facility for many years and it’s heartbreaking the number of our senior residents who don’t get visitors at all.
- Say thank you to the mailman, the garbage collector, the waitress, the security guard or the people whose services we kind of take for granted throughout the year. Bake them some cookies!
- Buy a homeless person dinner.
- Bring two packed lunches to work and give one away.
- Let another shopper go first at the check-out line.
How to Use Random Acts of Kindness Printable
The printable comes with a mason jar label and coordinating coupons. It’s so easy to put together and makes a meaningful activity for the whole family.
- RAK printable (download/print here)
- Glass Jar
- double-sided tape
- Sharpie or pens
Download and print the printable here. Cut out the container label and glue on a mason jar using double-sided tape.
Cut out the coupons and fill up with different random acts of kindness ideas.
Place in the labeled RAK jar and encourage the everyone to pick one every day.
Spread goodwill and holiday cheer!