Spread Christmas cheer and share the joy of the season with Random Acts of Kindness FREE printable!
We sometimes get so entrapped with the commercialism of the holidays, it’s so easy to forget what this season is really all about. This RAK or Random Acts of Kindness FREE Printable is a simple way to remind us and teach our children the true meaning of Christmas. It’s so easy to use, just print, cut out and glue the label on a mason jar, and fill up the cut-out RAC coupons. Get the kiddos involved!
Here are a few ideas on how to spread some holiday cheer and share the joy of the season:
- Smile or nod at someone on the street. It doesn’t cost a dime and hardly takes time but a simple acknowledgment helps people feel more socially connected.
- Let another driver in your lane or let him have the parking space. Even if you’re in a rush.
- Cook a meal or do the laundry for a busy mom. Babysit for free so she enjoy a date night with the hubby or a relaxing afternoon for herself.
- Pick up groceries for an elderly couple in your neighborhood or offer to drive them to the store.
- Call a friend who is going through a rough patch and listen intently. Sometimes people feel better just for being heard.
- Volunteer at a senior center or a nursing home. I’ve worked in a skilled nursing facility for many years and it’s heartbreaking the number of our senior residents who don’t get visitors at all.
- Say thank you to the mailman, the garbage collector, the waitress, the security guard or the people whose services we kind of take for granted throughout the year. Bake them some cookies!
- Buy a homeless person lunch.
- Bring two lunches to work and give one away. Better yet, buy a box of donuts and leave it in the breakroom.
- Let another shopper go first at the check-out line. Even if they have a hundred items.
Download the Random Acts of Kindness FREE Printable here.
Have the merriest holidays, everyone!