We are a household that stocks frosted flakes always and always means cartons upon cartons of it in the pantry. But for us, this cereal doesn’t go into a bowl of milk for breakfast but into these chewy, gooey caramel chews. They are great to bring for potlucks, to give out as holiday treats or just to keep for a quick pick-me-up snack throughout the day.
Peanut Caramel Chews Prep time:Cook time:Total time:Ingredients
- 14 oz soft caramels, unwrapped
- 3 tablespoons milk
- 4 cups frosted flakes cereal
- ½ cup salted peanuts
- butter, softenedInstructions
- Prepare a 9-inch square baking dish by buttering all sides.
- In a saucepan, combine caramels and milk and cook over low heat, stirring occasionally, for about 20 minutes or until melted and smooth.
- In a bowl, combine peanuts and cereal. Pour caramel mixture over cereal mixture and stir until pieces are fully coated. Transfer into prepared baking dish and with the back of a buttered spoon, press firmly.
- Refrigerate for about one hour or until firm. Let stand at room temperature for about 10 minutes and then cut into squares.3.2.2925
Peanut Caramel Chews
January 21, 2013 By Leave a Comment