You know how it is when you come home after a long day’s labor all tapped out and the last thing you want to worry about is how to appease hungry mouths (yours included)? It was crazy at work today and I spent the whole nine to five dealing with both minute and crucial issues nonstop. By the time I reached our front door, I was dead tired of body and mind. All I wanted was to tuck myself in bed but I was also famished and needed a quick bite before I hit the sheets. And, of course, G’s first question as I walked in was, “What’s for dinner?” Bye bye, anticipated hot bath and early sleep.
Good thing I did my grocery shopping the afternoon before and our pantry was still well-stocked with all sorts of convenient foods. Oh my Jesus, praise you for small blessings! And kudos, self, for having the foresight to pick up half a dozen cans of HORMEL® Premium Chicken Breast! It took less than 30 minutes to have this fiesta chicken chili piping hot on the dinner table and I was well-fed, showered and comfy in my jammies before I knew it.
I just love, love Hormel Foods for everyday weeknight dinners. I love how they can be quickly turned into a simple dinner for two or a potluck item for a party of twelve. The premium chicken chunks are not only an easy way to add great-tasting, satisfying protein to your meals, they are also super adaptable. You can throw them on veggie salads, toss with pasta, flip them into quesadillas, use in soups, sandwiches and basically any recipe that calls for chicken chunks/shredded chicken such as the ones below:
- Macaroni and Cheese with Chicken, Caramelized Onions and Bacon-grown-up tastes on a childhood favorite
- Chicken, Mushroom and Potato Croquettes-turn shredded chicken, sauteed mushrooms and mashed potatoes into a delicious pick-me-up snack
- Spicy Buffalo Chicken Dip-bring big, bold flavors to your next party!
- Curry Chicken and Grape Salad-a refreshing treat that tastes good and feel good
Wait! There’s more! Visit their website for Easy Recipe Ideas. You can even sign-up for the Hormel Newsletter to have creative recipes and meal ideas delivered straight in your inbox. Follow them on Facebook and Pinterest to discover how HORMEL® brands make recipes quick, easy and delicious.
Guys, let’s not forget the chili. Chock full of chicken, beans, corn, tomatoes, and green chiles in a rich, creamy broth, this fiesta-inspired chili is the perfect way to round up your weekday. And as if all that deliciousness is not enough, each bowl gets topped with crunchy, freshly-fried tortilla strips! Oh mah sweet, it’s heaven on a spoon.
- ½ cup oil
- 4 to 5 days-old corn tortillas, cut into thin strips
- 2 cans (10 ounces each) Hormel Premium Chicken Breasts, drained
- 2 cans (14 ounces each) white beans, drained
- 1 can (14 ounces) cut corn, drained
- 1 can (10 ounces) diced tomatoes and green chilies
- 1 can (7 ounces) diced green chiles
- 1 can (14 ounces) chicken broth
- 2 cups Pepper Jack cheese, shredded
- 1 teaspoon cumin
- 1 teaspoon chili powder
- ¼ teaspoon cayenne pepper
- salt and pepper to taste
- In a pan over medium heat, heat oil until hot but not smoking. Add tortilla chips and deep-fry until golden brown and crisp. With a slotted spoon, remove from pan and drain on paper towels.
- In a pot over medium heat, combine chicken, white beans, corn, diced tomatoes and chilies, diced green chiles, chicken broth. Add cheese, cumin, chili powder and cayenne pepper. Cook until mixture is hot and cheese is melted, stirring occasionally.
- Ladle into bowls and top with tortilla strips. Serve hot.