Breakfast Bacon Cookies with crisp bacon and cornflakes are the ultimate treat to kick-start your morning. They’re crisp, chewy and a delicious medley of sweet and savory!
Over the years I’ve worked with food both in commercial kitchens and now food blogging, I’ve seen and tried the many ways bacon has been re-invented.
I was all over Denny’s bacon ice cream sundae and cried my heart out when they took it off the menu. I was addicted to cinnamon sugar bacon twists and couldn’t stop.at.one. I marveled at the ingenuity of bacon weave taco shells and bacon popcorn became my new best friend.
But bacon in cookies? I was a little skeptical, too, the first time I set out to make them but these breakfast bacon cookies turned out to be one delightful medley of sweet and savory.
They’re crunchy on the outside and chewy on the inside just the way I like my cookies. And with a subtle hint of bacon aroma and flavor in every bite, they’re a delicious way to kick-start the morning!
These breakfast cookies are so quick and easy to make, you can have them ready to enjoy in a cinch. Here a few things to remember:
- Don’t worry if the dough seems too dry to fully incorporate the cornflakes. Just gently toss with your hands and it will come together as the cereal softens a little.
- You can drop them by teaspoonful on a baking sheet or use a cookie scoop for easier portioning.
- Don’t overbake! Take them out of the oven when the edges begin to brown.
- Transfer the cookies immediately to cooling racks.
- The cookie dough can be wrapped in wax paper and frozen for later use. Slice into 1/4-inch thickness and bake in a 400 F oven for about 7 to 10 minutes.
Want another unique cookie twist? Swap 1/2 cup of julienned ham for the bacon!
Breakfast Bacon Cookies with crisp bacon and cornflakes are the ultimate treat to kick-start your morning. They're crisp, chewy and a delicious medley of sweet and savory!
- 1 cup flour
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 1/4 teaspoon baking soda
- 2 medium eggs, well-beaten
- 1/2 pound (about 6 strips) bacon, cooked crisp and crumbled
- 2 cups cornflakes
In a bowl, combine flour, sugar, and baking soda.
Add eggs and crumbled bacon.
Gently stir in cornflakes.
Drop batter by teaspoonfuls on an ungreased baking sheet at about 1 inch apart.
Bake in a 350 F oven for about 12 to 15 minutes or until the edges begins to brown.
Transfer immediately to cooling racks.