It’s almost 11 PM as I am typing this and I can still hear the bang! boom! bang! of fireworks outside. I don’t know about our neighbors but my 4th of July celebration ended with my last bite of this humongous buffalo burger with bacon and blue cheese. And what a celebration of tastes it was: thick and juicy beef patty with a touch of spice, crisp bacon and pungent mayo-blue cheese dressing. Nom nom nom!
Buffalo Burger with Bacon and Blue Cheese
- 4 thick-cut bacon, cut into halves
- 2 tablespoons unsalted butter, melted
- 2 tablespoons hot sauce
- 1/4 cup mayonnaise
- 1/4 cup blue cheese
- 1 pound ground beef
- 1 teaspoon Worchestershire sauce
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 4 hamburger buns
- 4 green leaf or iceberg lettuce leaves
- 2 large tomatoes, sliced
- In a pan, cook bacon until golden and crisp. Remove from pan and drain on paper towels.
- In a bowl, combine butter and 2 tablespoons of the hot sauce.
- In a bowl, combine mayonnaise and blue cheese. Set aside.
- In a bowl, mix together ground beef, Worchestershire sauce, salt, and pepper until just combined. Divide into four and form into patties.
- On a lightly-oiled grill over medium-high heat, cook patties, brushing with hot sauce-butter halfway through, for about 3 to 5 minutes on each side or until desired doneness. Remove from grill and let rest.
- With cut side down, warm buns on the grill for about 45 seconds or until lightly toasted.
- On bottom hamburger bun, arrange lettuce, tomato , bacon, beef patty and a dollop of mayo-blue cheese dressing. Top with remaining top of hamburger bun.