Sweet Corn Muffins are subtly sweet, melt-in-your-mouth soft and moist. They’re perfect with your next bowl of chili!
I am proud of all the recipes I’ve shared so far here at Onion Rings and Things. There are ones, however, I am especially excited about. Recipes I am sure are sure to please. Recipes I’d like to go down on my knees to beg you to try. For your sake, not mine. 🙂
These sweet corn muffins are one of those recipes. They’re so darn good, I might as well call them THE corn muffin. Really. Seriously. These are no dry, coarse corn bread that crumbles into a mess before you can take a bite. They are subtly sweet, melt-in-your-mouth soft and so moist, it’s almost like having a cupcake. Give them a try and bake up a batch TODAY! Your next bowl of chili will thank you.
- 1-1/2 cups flour
- 2/3 cup sugar
- 1/2 cup corn meal
- 1 tablespoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1-1/4 cup milk
- 2 eggs, lightly beaten lightly beaten
- 1/3 cup vegetable oil
- 3 tablespoons butter, melted
- In a large bowl, combine flour, sugar, corn meal, baking powder and salt.
- In a small bowl, combine eggs, milk, oil and butter. Mix well. Add to flour mixture and stir just until blended.
- Pour into greased 18-hole muffin cup up to 2/3 full. Bake in a 350 F oven for about 20 minutes or until a toothpick inserted comes out clean. Remove from oven and allow to cool.
Do not overmix batter.
“This website provides approximate nutrition information for convenience and as a courtesy only. Nutrition data is gathered primarily from the USDA Food Composition Database, whenever available, or otherwise other online calculators.”
Leave a Comment