One-pot Cheeseburger Pasta is meaty, saucy, cheesy and sure to be a family favorite. It’s quick and easy to make, and everything gets cooked in one pot!
You guys, I am totally obsessing over this one-pot cheeseburger pasta, and there are so many reasons why you would/should, too!
First off, this cheeseburger-inspired pasta is the ultimate comfort food. Meaty, saucy, cheesy and incredibly delicious, it’s sure to please everyone in the family. Everyone including your toughest critics A.K.A. the kiddos.
Who doesn’t love homemade hamburger helper, right?
Unlike its boxed counterpart which has a long list of additives and preservatives you’ll need Wikipedia to figure out, this pasta skillet comes together with ingredients you probably already have on hand. Chock-full of ground beef, diced tomatoes, pasta, cheese and milk, it’s real food.
Tips on How to Make One-Pot Cheeseburger Pasta
- I prefer rotini pasta but elbow macaroni, penne, shells or any short pasta are also great options. Please note that you might have to adjust the cook time depending on the size of the pasta you use; naturally, the smaller shells or macaroni will cook quicker.
- Different pasta brands may require more or less liquid to cook and you might need to make adjustments accordingly.
- If the pasta is just about done and the sauce is still too liquidy, remove the lid and continue to cook uncovered to allow evaporation. Another way to help thicken the sauce is to add more cheese!
- If the pasta looks dry, add water, broth or tomato juice in 1/2 cup increments until you reach desired consistency.
- The pasta will continue to thicken as it sits so you might want to take it off the heat a little looser than you like.
- Love bacon cheeseburgers? Enjoy the same flavors in pasta form by tossing in crisp bacon crumbles when ready to serve!
Along with being everyone’s favorite, it’s budget-friendly and makes for generous servings. G and I happily polished off hefty portions for lunch and dinner today, and we still have plenty of leftovers sitting in the fridge to enjoy in the next few days.
The best part about this ground beef pasta recipe, it’s quick and easy to make, and everything is cooked in one pan! It goes from the kitchen to table in 30 minutes or less. It requires minimal cleanup yet delivers maximum flavor!
More One-Pot Pasta Recipes:
One-Pot Cheeseburger Pasta
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 1/2 pounds ground beef
- salt and pepper to taste
- 1 small onion, peeled and chopped
- 3 cloves garlic, peeled and minced
- 1 red bell pepper, peeled, cored and diced
- 16 ounces package uncooked rotini pasta
- 28 ounces can diced tomatoes
- 2 cups beef broth
- 2 cups milk
- 1/4 cup ketchup
- 2 cups sharp cheddar cheese
- In a thick bottomed pot over medium heat, heat olive oil. Add ground beef and cook, breaking with the back of the spoon, until color changes and begins to render fat. Season with salt and pepper to taste.
- Add onions, garlic, and bell peppers. Cook softened. Drain excess fat, if needed.
- Add pasta, diced tomatoes, broth, milk, and ketchup. Stir to combine and bring to a simmer.
- Lower heat, cover, and continue to cook, stirring occasionally, for about 10 to 15 minutes or until pasta is al dente and sauce is mostly reduced.
- Add cheese, stirring to combine, and cook for another 1 to 2 minutes or until melted. Season with salt and pepper to taste. Serve hot.