Peach Bread Loaf deliciously studded with fresh peaches and bursting with warm cinnamon flavors. Super soft and moist, it’s amazing for breakfast or anytime snack.
How was your 4th of July weekend? I hope you had loads of fun with family and friends.
G and I just got back from a 4-day trip to Las Vegas but although we had a blast, I just wished we chose a better time to visit Sin City than right smack of summer. Walking down Freemont Street was like sitting in an oven to roast!
After 4 days of sweltering triple-digit temperatures, I went home more appreciative of our Southern California weather. No more whining here about a little heat. In fact, I even turned on our oven this afternoon to bake this peach bread loaf.
This peach bread is an adaptation of the mango bread loaf I have on my other blog. It’s my go-to recipe for quick bread and I just love how customizable it is. With a simple swap of fresh peaches for mangoes and walnuts for raisins, I get to enjoy a whole new set of flavors.
Prefer strawberries or blueberries? Go ahead, this recipe is a terrific base for your favorite fruits and nuts. And if you want to take the decadence up a notch, sprinkle the top with a streusel topping before baking. That extra layer of sweetness and crunch truly takes it to a whole new level of yum.
Other than being super adaptable, this peach bread is so easy to make as well. It’s all a matter of stirring the ingredients together, there’s no need for a mixer.
↑ See how soft and moist the loaf is? It’s so tender, fragrant, and loaded with peach and warm cinnamon flavors, you’ll want a slice breakfast, lunch, dinner and anytime in between!
It’s so easy to whip up a batch, this peach bread loaf is perfect to bring to potlucks or to give out as homemade gifts. Just wrap snugly in cling or cellophane wrap, put a colorful bow on top, and you’ll be everyone’s hero(ine) in a snap.
If you’re serving for a crowd, you can bake the mixture in muffin tins instead of a loaf pan for less mess on the buffet line. Either way you bake it, it’s sure to impress.
Peach Bread Loaf
- 2 cups flour
- 1 cup sugar
- 2 teaspoons cinnamon
- 2 teaspoons baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 3/4 cup vegetable oil
- 2 eggs
- 2 cups fresh peaches, peeled and chopped
- 1/2 cup walnuts, toasted and chopped
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- Grease a 9 x 5 loaf pan and set aside.
- In a bowl, combine flour, sugar, ground cinnamon, baking soda, and salt. Whisk together until well-distributed.
- In a small bowl, combine oil and eggs. Beat until well-blended and add to flour mixture.
- Add peaches, walnuts, and lemon juice. Mix well.
- Pour mixture into the prepared loaf pan and bake in a 350 F oven for about 50 minutes to 1 hour or until a toothpick inserted in the middle comes out clean.
- Remove from oven and allow to cool before slicing.