Raspberry Cream Cheese Wontons are what you need right now! Filled with sweet raspberry jam and creamy cream cheese, and then fried to a golden crisp, they’re seriously addicting!
Looking for something sweet and decadent that requires minimal effort? Here it is, raspberry cream cheese wontons!
Inspired by the cream cheese wontons you find at your favorite Chinese restaurant, these wontons are taken to a whole new level of yum by the addition of, you guessed it, raspberry preserves!
I like switching these sweet babies up with assorted jams such as orange marmalade, blackberry, and strawberry for variety and always get rave reviews. They’re so addictingly delicious, expect them gone in 60 seconds. Good thing they’re quick and easy to make, you’ll have a huge batch ready in no time!
Just make sure your oil is at the optimal range of 350 F to 375 F. Too high and the wrappers will burn or too low and the wontons will absorb a lot more grease. Use enough oil (they should be swimming in the oil) when frying so they brown evenly.
Give these raspberry cream cheese wontons a try on next party and watch everyone gobble them up. Enjoy!
Raspberry Cream Cheese Wontons
- 1 package (48 pieces) wonton wrappers, separated
- 1 cup raspberry preserves
- 8 ounces cream cheese, cut into 1/2-inch cubes
- powdered sugar
- Lay individual wonton wrapper on a flat surface. In the middle of each wrapper, spoon 1/2 teaspoon of jam and one cube of cream cheese. Lightly moisten sides of the wrapper with water. Gather all corners to the middle to cover filling and to form a packet. Press edges together to completely seal.
- In a pan over medium heat, heat about 2-inches of oil. Add the wontons and deep-fry for about 2 to 3 minutes or until golden and crisp.
- Remove the wontons from pan, and drain on a wire rack set over a baking sheet. Lightly dust with powdered sugar.