Smoky, crunchy, peppery, garlicky and loaded with Pancetta bits, these Roasted Brussels Sprouts with Garlic and Pancetta are addictingly delicious! Quick and easy to make yet packs big, bold flavors, you won’t be able to get enough of this vegetable side dish.
I’ve never tried brussels sprouts before today. They look like miniature cabbage and I hate cabbage. However, I found them on sale for $1.00 a pound at our local grocery and I thought for that price, it wouldn’t be too much of a waste if I ended up feeding them to G instead. 😂
Anyway, I decided to make them for lunch and I made a big mistake. I didn’t make enough! The roasted brussels sprouts with garlic and pancetta I made from the teeny-weeny one-pound bag I bought barely made it through the picture-shoot with me popping one in my mouth at every take. Smoky, crunchy, peppery, garlicky, each bite was an explosion of flavors and textures like a party in my mouth!
This vegetable recipe is not only uber delicious but also a breeze to make. It’s so quick and easy, it starts and finishes in one pan! Toss everything in an oven-safe cookware, roast in the oven for about 40 minutes and viola! A side dish that’s sure to please even the pickiest eater at the dinner table. Enjoy!
- 1 pound brussels sprouts
- 2 ounces pancetta bacon, diced
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 tablespoon extra virgin olive oil
- kosher salt to taste
- freshly-ground pepper to taste
- Prepare brussels sprouts by cutting brown ends and removing any yellowed outer leaves. Cut in half.
- In a cast iron skillet or oven safe pan, combine brussels sprouts, pancetta, garlic and olive oil. Season with kosher salt to taste and liberally with pepper.
- Roast in a 400 F oven for about 35 to 40 minutes or brussels sprouts are lightly browned pancetta are crisp. Turn halfway during roasting to brown brussels sprouts evenly.