This shop has been compensated by Collective Bias, Inc. and its advertiser. All opinions are mine alone. #EasterSweets #CollectiveBias
Easter is just around the corner and I can’t be more excited! Not only does this holiday mark the beginning of my favorite season (Spring!) of the year, I am so looking forward to the avalanche of #EasterSweets. And then, of course, there is the Easter baskets.
I am not a very crafty kind of gal (as you can see from the uninspired baskets which took me three-fourths of this weekend to pull together) but I ♥ making and giving out Easter baskets to family and friends. Watching their faces beam? Priceless.
This year, I went all out with two color themes for all the special folks in my life. As I’ve said, it took me forever and a day to set up my baskets but gathering the materials, chocolates and candies were a different story. I bought all my Easter basket essentials at Target and the whole shopping experience went like a pleasant breeze. I was glad they had everything I needed, I didn’t have to make multiple trips all over town. Target Superstores even made Easter more fun by hosting a sampling event on March 20, 2016.
I was also super happy to save a good few bucks using Mars coupons and Wrigley’s coupons to buy my all time favorites as well as special Easter flavors. There were so many varieties, it was difficult limiting myself to just these goodies below.
- Easter M&M’s White Strawberry Shortcake
- Easter DOVE Peanut Butter Eggs
- Starburst Sweet & Sour Jellybeans
- Easter M&M’s Milk Chocolate
- Dove Milk Chocolate Bunny
- Starburst Jelly Beans, all varieties
I enjoyed the unique flavor blend of M&M’s White Strawberry Shortcake so much, I had to stock up a few bags. As they are only being sold for a limited time and exclusively at Target, I wanted them handy for year-round cravings.
Along with my Easter baskets, I also used my precious M&M’s Milk Chocolate stash for one of my favorite sweet treat: M&M’s Chocolate Chip Cookie Skillet! Chewy edges, fudgy center and beautifully studded with colorful M&M’s, it’s the best way to welcome Easter. Tip: Try M&M’s Strawberry Shortcake in place of M&M’s Milk Chocolate. What an interesting flavor combo!
But before I proceed to the recipe, here’s a super cool Easter label printable you can download to easily add more fun to your Easter celebration. You can print them out on cardstock paper or Avery label sheets and use as stickers, gift tags, treat bag labels or cupcake toppers. Enjoy! Click here to download.
- 1 cup butter, softened
- 1 cup dark brown sugar
- ½ cup sugar
- 2 eggs, room temperature
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2½ cups flour
- 2 heaping teaspoons instant coffee granules
- 1 teaspoon baking cornstarch
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- ½ teaspoon salt
- 1 cup semi-sweet chocolate chips
- 1 cup M&M's Milk Chocolate
- Lightly grease a 12-inch cast iron skillet.
- In a bowl and using a hand mixer on medium speed, beat butter until smooth and creamy. Add sugars and beat until fluffy and light colored. Add eggs and vanilla extract and beat on high speed until well-combined.
- In a bowl, combine flour, coffee granules, cornstarch, baking soda and salt. Whisk together until well-dispersed. Slowly add dry mixture into wet ingredients, beating on low speed until well-combined and thick.
- Add chocolate chips and ¾ cup of the M&M's. Mix on low speed for about 5 to 10 seconds or until well-distributed.
- Transfer dough into prepared skillet and using a spatula, spread evenly. Arrange the remaining ¼ cup M&M's over dough. Bake in a 325 F oven for about 30 to 40 minutes or until golden brown. Remove from oven and allow to slightly cool. Serve topped with ice cream and chocolate syrup, if desired.