Three-Ingredient Nutella Cookies are ready in minutes and made with only three ingredients. Chewy, fudgy and chocolatey, they’re sure to be everyone’s favorite treat!
The impossible peanut butter cookie recipe I discovered on a C&H sugar package has been a favorite of ours for years and with good reason! It’s so easy to make, has only three ingredients, and is gluten-free!
As we love the cookies so much, I wanted to see if I could replicate them with a chocolate version by replacing the peanut butter with Nutella spread. Since Nutella is a nut butter, I thought it should work beautifully but boo hoo! My first batch was a disaster! The cookies spread out too thin, too flat and were so fragile they broke into pieces even with my tenderest ministrations.
Despite the frustration, I was not ready to give up on the idea of a simple Nutella cookie so I searched online on ways to correct the problem. Sure enough, I found my answer on Kirbie’s Cravings and it is flour! I am guessing Nutella has a higher fat or sugar content than peanut butter and the addition of flour gives the cookies more structure.
If you love brownies, you’ll love these Nutella cookies! They’re chewy, fudgy, chocolatey and insanely delicious! I baked double the recipe three days ago and G and have been snacking on them nonstop. Three days and they are still moist, fudgy, chocolatey and insanely delicious!
The best part is the cookies require only three simple ingredients. One cup Nutella, 1/2 cup and 1 tablespoon flour, and one egg and you’re on your way to bliss.
Chocolate chips are optional but please do add them; you’d love those little pockets of gooey chocolate. And while you’re at it, sprinkle the portioned dough with sea salt before baking to balance out the sweet flavors. All these extras and the list of ingredients are still under five!
Another great thing about the recipe, it’s so easy and quick to make! No mixer needed and cookies are ready to enjoy in 15 minutes or less. Check out the four simple steps below:
How to Make Three-Ingredient Nutella Cookies:
- In a bowl, combine the Nutella, flour, and egg. Stir until combined.
- Add chocolate chips, if using, and gently stir to incorporate.
- Using a small scoop, drop the dough about 2 inches apart in a parchment-lined baking sheet.
- Bake in a 350 F oven for about 8 to 10 minutes or until set in the middle. Remove from oven and let cool before transferring from baking sheet.
I did quick photoshoots between each process so the mixture was a tad too soft by the time I was ready to bake. I just popped the portioned dough in the fridge for about 3 to 5 minutes before baking so the cookies won’t spread too much.
Give these three-ingredient Nutella Cookies a try. They’re an excellent baking project to do with the kiddos and they’ll love the intense Nutella flavor. And don’t forget the milk, these goodies are made for dunking.!
Three-Ingredient Nutella Cookies
- 1 cup Nutella
- 9 tablespoons flour
- 1 egg
- 1/2 cup chocolate chips
- In a bowl, combine Nutella, flour, and egg. Stir until blended.
- Add chocolate chips and stir until incorporated.
- Using a small scoop, drop dough two inches apart on a parchment-lined baking sheet. With fingers, gently press down on each dough balls to form round disks.
- Bake in a 350 F oven for about 10 minutes or until set in the middle. Remove from oven and let cool before transferring from baking sheet.