Bacon-wrapped Corn with Chipotle Honey Glaze grilled to sweet, salty and smoky perfection are the best way to enjoy summer’s corn!
I first posted this recipe in October 2013 (Wow! Have I been blogging that long?) but since Summer is right around the corner and we’re sure to welcome an abundance of sweet corn in the markets soon, I thought I’ll bring bacon-wrapped corn with chipotle-honey glaze back in the spotlight. Guys, they’re seriously the bomb so I hope you try them for your next grill fest. Enjoy!
We are now in the middle of fall but there is still a bit of warmth left in the air calling for some serious barbecue and what could be a more delicious way to say one last adieu to summer than sweet corn straight off the grill?
I discovered this grilled corn cob with bacon recipe at Kunzler and Company and as usual, “bacon” sealed the deal for me. Not that I don’t love sweet corn on its own but the smoky, crisp bacon and sweet and spicy glaze truly deliver incredible flavors. One bite and you’ll agree, it’s the best way to enjoy summer’s corn!
Tips on How to Prepare Corn:
- Choose corn ears that feel firm and heavy. Check for green, moist husks that cling tightly around the corn and for pale colored silk. To test for freshness, pull the husk away from the corn and pierce a kernel with your fingernail. The kernel should release a white, milky liquid.
- Buy corn that has been harvested the same day and cook as soon as you possible. Once picked, the sugars in the corn turn into starches thus losing some of its sweetness. If you’re not able to cook right away, store in the refrigerator immediately with the husks intact and use within 1 to 2 days.
- How to shuck the corn easily and with fewer silks to deal with? Microwave the corn ears with husks for about 1 to 2 minutes!
Want more grilled corn recipes? Here are two reader favorites:
Bacon-wrapped Corn with Chipotle Honey Glaze
- 4 corn ears, hulled
- 4 bacon slices
- 1/4 cup canned chipotle peppers
- 1/4 cup honey
- 1/4 cup butter, melted
- Going from one end to the other, wrap bacon around each corn and secure with toothpicks. Set aside.
- In a food processor or blender, pulse chipotle peppers until smooth. In a bowl, combine pureed peppers, honey, and butter.
- Spray grates of grill with cooking spray and set over medium-hot coals. Liberally brush bacon-wrapped corn with chipotle-honey glaze and arrange on grill. Grill corn, turning every 2 to 3 minutes and basting regularly with glaze, for about 20 to 25 minutes or until corn is cooked and bacon is crisp. Serve immediately.