Beef Roast in Foil cooks in the oven wrapped in foil with only three ingredients and zero clean up. Moist, tender, and flavorful, it’s the ultimate entree for family dinners or holiday parties.
If you’re looking for an easy beef entree for your everyday family dinner or special holiday feast, look no further than this roast in foil recipe. It’s so easy to make; you’d be amazed how the meat comes out so moist, tender and flavorful with almost zero clean-up!
How to Cook Roast in Aluminum Foil
This is the simplest beef roast recipe ever. Just three ingredients and five easy steps!
- Place the roast on large sheet of aluminum foil.
- In a bowl, combine wine and onion soup mix. Stir until well-distributed and pour over meat.
- Fold opposite corners of foil toward each other to full cover meat and crimp edges tightly to seal.
- Bake in a 300 F oven for about 3 to 4 hours or until fork tender.
- Remove from oven and let rest for about 5 to 10 minutes before slicing.
With your main entree quietly cooking in the oven, you can focus your efforts on other parts of the meal. Garlicky mashed potatoes and green beans with bacon are our favorite accompaniments for this tasty roast, but seriously, it will go well with any of your choice sides.
If you want to save yourself the extra clean-up, add root vegetables such as carrots and potatoes in the foil pack to roast along with the meat for a complete meal. Just make sure to cut them larger chunks, so they don’t overcook.
Not only is this beef roast a simple-to-make, flavor-packed meal, but it’s also budget-friendly. The low and slow cooking method turns cheap cuts such as round or chuck into juicy morsels the whole family (and guests) won’t be able to get enough!
And if you happen to have any leftovers, there are so many tasty ways to use them up for another meal. Check out a few of the ideas below.
How to Use Leftover Roast Beef
- Use as filling for tacos, taquitos, burritos or enchiladas.
- Wrap finely chopped beef in pie crust or pizza dough to make empanadas.
- For delicious sandwiches, stuff thin beef slices in hoagie rolls, top with mozzarella cheese, and bake until toasty and melty.
- Turn into a hearty breakfast hash by sauteing with diced potatoes, bell peppers, and onions.
- Smother shredded beef with mushroom gravy and serve over egg noodles for quick beef stroganoff.
Beef Roast in Foil cooks conveniently in the oven wrapped in foil with only three ingredients and zero clean up. Moist, tender, and flavorful, it's the ultimate entree for family dinners or holiday parties.
- 3 pounds beef chuck roast
- 1 packet (1 ounce) onion soup mix
- 1/3 cup red wine
Place roast on aluminum foil.
In a bowl, combine onion soup mix and red wine. Stir until well-blended and pour over meat.
Fold opposite corners of foil toward each other to cover meat and crimp edges tightly to seal.
Bake in a 300 F oven for 3 to 4 hours or until meat is fork-tender.