Caramel Pecan Chocolate Chip Cookies are crisp and buttery with soft, caramel centers. Bake a big batch, these are sure to be everyone’s favorite treat!
Oh boy. Do I have cookies for you! Not just any cookies. THE cookies. Generously studded with chocolate chips and pecans, and with soft caramel centers, these cookies have all my favorite things in one bite. Just bits of goodness throughout!
I haven’t drunk milk in years but these caramel pecan chocolate chips cookies with their crisp, buttery edges had me breaking the gallon. Hard to stop dunking, I tell you.
- ½ cup butter, room temperature
- ½ cup light brown sugar
- ½ cup sugar
- 1 large egg
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1½ cups flour, sifted
- ½ teaspoon baking soda
- ½ teaspoon salt
- 3 ounces quality dark chocolate bars, chopped
- ½ cup pecans, chopped
- 18 pieces caramels
- In a large bowl, combine butter, brown sugar and sugar. Using an electric mixer, cream together until fluffy. When mixture is light and fluffy, add egg and beat to combine. Add vanilla extract and beat to combine.
- In another bowl, sift together flour, baking soda and salt. Slowly add flour mixture to butter mixture and mix to combine. Add chocolate chips and pecans and stir to combine.
- Using a 2-ounce ice cream scoop, scoop cookie dough and place 1 caramel into the center, pressing the dough around the caramel. Roll into a ball. Repeat with remaining dough.
- Arrange on an ungreased baking sheet at about 2 inches apart. Bake in a 375 F oven for about 8 to 10 minutes, or until golden on top. Allow to cool for about 1 to 2 minutes and then transfer to wire rack to cool completely.