These cheese-stuffed pull apart rolls right here? Amah-zing! I took pictures within seconds of taking the skillet out of the oven and the doggone thing was three-fourths empty after the less-than ten minute photo shoot. I couldn’t keep myself from pulling apart and popping into my mouth between takes piece after piece of soft, buttery biscuits with gooey melted cheese oozing from their warm bellies.
These cheesy rolls are super flexible. As awesome as they are, you can further crank up the yumminess with shredded Parmesan, roasted garlic, sliced jalapenos or fresh herbs sprinkled on top. You can also switch around the cheese stuffing (cheddar, mozzarella, cream cheese, pepper jack) depending on what you have on hand. Serve as a fun snack for the kids or pair with soup and salad for an easy-breezy lunch meal. Enjoy!
- 2 tablespoons melted butter
- 1 tube (16 ounces, 8 pieces) jumbo refrigerated biscuits
- 8 ounces Velveeta cheese, cut into 1-inch cubes
- Separate biscuits into individual pieces and cut each into four. Slightly flatten biscuit dough and place a cheese cube in the center. Gather dough around the the cheese and roll into balls, sealing edges well.
- Grease a cast iron skillet with 1 tablespoon of the melted butter. Arrange cheese-stuffed biscuit rolls in a single layer closely but not tightly packed. Lightly brush top of biscuits with the remaining 1 tablespoon butter.
- In a 375 F oven, bake for about 15 to 20 minutes or until golden brown. Remove from oven and allow to slightly cool. Serve warm.